Tuesday, July 31, 2012

It really IS the journey, not the destination

Since I have been traveling so much I have not had a chance to write my blog so I recorded this on my way back home for a day before I need to take again.


Jim Pedro, Sr. is always saying it's not the destination, it's the journey. I always thought that is what losers said to make themselves feel better. Now, I have realized that he is right and I am wrong, but don't tell him that I said that. He thinks he's right all the time already and I don't want to encourage him.





If you are on an iPad or iPhone and Flash does not work, try this link. Wait a few seconds for it to start. If neither starts, I guess you just have a tough life.

4 comments:

Stephen R Marsh said...

I was at your other blog looking for updates and realized it was on hiatus. If it has moved some place it would be good to have a last post with directions.

In addition, due to spammers each post appears to be closing on 7000 comments.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you have come to understand the beauty of the journey. GOOD for you!

Dr. AnnMaria said...

??
Here is my other blog. The last post was on Monday, about interesting thoughts from the JSM & had two comments
http://www.thejuliagroup.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

You may lose, you may win, but the life goes on.

Yasuyuki Muneta here leaves with a victory, but every step from the sasae to the last bow and steps out ot the tatami are done with such a style, respect and grace that in my eyes, he'd be the winner even if he had lost the fight.

http://www.judovision.org/?p=1310

I watched my son in a randori practise today as he threw a boy who had always before won him, in both shiai and randori. The boy got upset and started a fierce attack only to get thrown again. Finally, he too managed to excecute a throw. As I saw how my son kept cool, positive and determined all the time, I realized he had already learned something from judo. Better than judo skills, a cool head, a positive attitude, a bit thicker skin, things that might really help him on his journey of life.