Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sneakerdoodle Zebra Judo World Finals



And so, today, to the sadness of some and great relief of others, we close out the first annual Sneakerdoodle Zebra World Judo Championships, held in AnnMaria's living room. We are already taking applications for next year for both venues and competitors. If interested, please email DrAnnMaria@yahoo.com, enclosing an application form written in crayon, a stick of Wrigley's Juicy Fruit gum and a photocopy of your most recent traffic citation. If traffic citation is not available, a note from your mother or most recent date granting you permission to use the living room is an acceptable substitute.


I had an absolutely great time at the Nanka Shorai practice at Kouhaku Judo at the Gracie Barra club in Corona. I took a lot of pictures which I will try to get up tomorrow if I have time after I finish editing Growing Judo and doing a powerpoint for a class I am giving Tuesday and a lecture for a class I am giving Monday.(I do have an actual job that does not involve matburn.)

Relevant to this blog, Sensei Ana at Kouhaku, a former Columbian national team member, mixed a lot of judo games and fun exercises into a practice that also included escapes from pins, attacking drills and randori.

The common theme from both - have fun at judo. Don't take it seriously. This is something we do to have a good time.

No comments: